All Joburg Fringe exhibitors, artists, guests and helpers are bound by the following terms if participating in the Joburg Fringe in any way.
The Joburg Fringe 2018 takes place in a Central Venue and various Satellite Spaces.
Central Venue: The Art Room, Parkhurst
Opening: 25 October 2018 at 6pm-9pm, runs from 26 October – 3 November 2018
Opening hours: weekdays 9am-5pm, weekends 9am-2pm. First Thursday: 1 Nov. 9am-9pm.
- Thesis Lifestyle, Soweto
- Spaza Art Gallery, Troyeville
- The Project Space, Victoria Yards, Lorentzville
- Through The Lens Collective, Victoria Yards, Lorentzville
- Primal Spirits, Victoria Yards, Lorentzville
- The Art Link gallery on 6th, Parkhurst
- Casa do Sol Special Needs School, Linden
Please read this IMPORTANT NOTICE about the limits to our responsibilities and those of our hosts:
- Everyone uses and visits the Joburg Fringe venues and related facilities (parking, toilets etc) at their own risk.
- The exhibition venues are secure spaces. Never the less we will take care within our capacity to keep exhibitors, artists, guests and helpers and their property safe in the venue.
- But we do not supply Joburg Fringe security and are not responsible for any injury, loss or damage anyone suffers including but not limited to injuries, theft, assault, deliberate or accidental damage to works while using or visiting the various venues or related facilities, even if we (including anyone doing work for us) are negligent.
- In all the venues it is the artist’s sole responsibility to look after their work and personal property.
- We believe the venues to be safe but you are urged to exercise caution when moving around, preparing exhibits etc. Keep computers and other valuables with you at all times.
The Fringe exhibitors agree to:
- Deliver work to The Art Room, Parkhurst punctually: time to be announced on email and whatsapp. and to satellite spaces as required. N.B.The delivery and collection of art works don’t apply to the ‘VideoART! submissions – please adhere to the form you are directed to once you have registered.
- Collect all work by 4.00pm on Monday 5th November 2018 from The Art Room, Parkhurst, and from the satellite spaces as required.
- Insure their own work, equipment and personal possessions against all risks.
- Warranting that their work is either their own, or they have the relevant copyright permission to exhibit.