All Joburg Fringe tenants (including their exhibitors, artists, guests and helpers) are bound by the following terms if participating in the Joburg Fringe in any way.
The Joburg Fringe 2018 takes place in a Central Venue and various Satellite Spaces.
Central Venue: The Art Room, Parkhurst
Satellite venues: to be published when the artists let us know
Opening: 25 October 2018 at 6pm-9pm, runs from 26 October – 3 November 2018
Opening hours: watch this space
The Joburg Fringe agrees to supply a space in the venue, a digital catalogue and media coverage only.
Please read this IMPORTANT NOTICE about the limits to our responsibilities
- Everyone uses and visits the Joburg Fringe venues and related facilities (parking, toilets etc) at their own risk.
- The Art Room is a secure space. Never the less we will take care within our capacity to keep tenants and their property safe in the venue.
- But we do not supply a Joburg Fringe parking guard and are not responsible for any injury, loss or damage anyone suffers including but not limited to injuries, theft, assault, deliberate or accidental damage to works while using or visiting the venue or related facilities, even if we (including anyone doing work for us) are negligent.
- In the satellite spaces is the tenant’s sole responsibility to look after their work and personal property.
- We believe the venue to be safe but you are urged to exercise caution when moving around, preparing exhibits etc. Keep computers and other valuables with you at all times.
The Fringe tenants agree to:
- Deliver work to The Art Room, Parkhurst punctually: time to be announced on email and whatsapp. and to satellite spaces as required. N.B.The delivery and collection of art works don’t apply to the ‘VideoART! submissions – please adhere to the form you are directed to once you have registered.
- Collect all work by 4.00pm on Monday 5th November 2018 from The Art Room, Parkhurst, and from the satellite spaces as required.
- Insure their own work, equipment and personal possessions against all risks.